WIC-Women, Infants and Children
Florida Department of Health in DeSoto County
- 863-993-4601 or 863-491-7580
34 South Baldwin Avenue
1031 Oak Street
Arcadia, FL 34266
WIC is a federally funded nutrition program for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC provides the following at no cost: healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding support, and referrals for health care and community services.
What does WIC Provide?
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Nutritious foods
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Referrals for health care and other community services
Who is Eligible for WIC?
- Breastfeeding women
- Infants or children under 5 years of age
- Pregnant women
- Women who have recently been pregnant
How do you qualify for WIC?
- Meet WIC income guidelines OR receive Medicaid, Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) or Food Assistance.
- Be at nutritional risk
How Do I Apply for WIC?
Call Us at (863) 491-7580