Florida Department of Health in DeSoto County
- 863-993-4601 or 863-491-7580
34 South Baldwin Avenue
1031 Oak Street
Arcadia, FL 34266
Healthy Start provides assistance to pregnant women, interconception women, infants, and children up to age three to obtain the health care and social support needed to reduce the risks for poor maternal and child health outcomes.
Healthy Start offers care coordination services to all pregnant women and infants regardless of their social economic status to ensure that early care is directed to those families where there is the best chance of preventing or minimizing adverse outcomes.
MomCare is a program that operates under the umbrella of Healthy Start to ensure access to care for all Medicaid-eligible pregnant women.
The range of Healthy Start services available to identified women and infants include:
- MomCare Choice Counseling Services
- Comprehensive Assessment of Service Needs & Ongoing Care Coordination
- Parenting Support & Education
- Breastfeeding, Childbirth and Car Seat Safety information
- Safer Car
- Additional Enhancement Services:
- Inter-conceptual, Nutritional and Smoking Cessation education
- Psychosocial Counseling
- Linkage to Community Resource
- National Healthy Start
For more information on the Healthy Start Program and services, please call 863-491-7580 X 147 or 133