WIC-Women, Infants & Children
Florida Department of Health in DeSoto County
- 863-993-4601 or 863-491-7580
34 South Baldwin Avenue
1031 Oak Street
Arcadia, FL 34266
WIC is a federally funded nutrition program for Women, Infants, and Children.
WIC provides the following at no cost: healthy foods, nutrition education and
counseling, breastfeeding support, and referrals for health care and community
What does WIC Provide?
• Nutrition education and counseling
• Nutritious foods
• Breastfeeding education and support
• Referrals for health care and other community services
Who is Eligible for WIC?
• Breastfeeding women
• Infants or children under 5 years of age
• Pregnant women
• Women who have recently been pregnant
How do you qualify for WIC?
• Meet WIC income guidelines OR receive Medicaid, Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) or Food Assistance.
• Be at nutritional risk
How Do I Apply for WIC?
Call Us at (863) 491-7580