Florida Department of Health in DeSoto County
- 863-993-4601 or 863-491-7580
34 South Baldwin Avenue
1031 Oak Street
Arcadia, FL 34266
- Provides comprehensive health care for acute and chronic disease for adults and children. Includes medical examinations, treatment of infections, school and sports physicals.
- Provides screening and management of chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart and lung ailments.
- Conducts health-risk appraisals and cardiovascular disease screening with cholesterol testing.
- Provides education regarding specific illnesses and their prevention, as well as good health maintenance practices.