Florida Department of Health in DeSoto County
- 863-993-4601 or 863-491-7580
34 South Baldwin Avenue
1031 Oak Street
Arcadia, FL 34266
Documents Required for Eligibility Determination
In order to receive certain services from the The Florida Department of Health in DeSoto County you must be financially screened. Please bring the following items to with you:
- Identification Card (picture ID preferred, other examples are voter registration card, birth certificate, infant hospital records, paycheck/stub, passport, etc.
- Any insurance card(s)
- Eight (8) weeks most current/consecutive pay stubs:
- If recently terminated - final paycheck or statement on letterhead stating you are no longer employed at company.
- If unemployed - copy of unemployment income statement, food stamp statement, SSI statement, retirement statements, etc.
- No income - bring a notarized letter from whoever is paying room and board, or have responsible party come in with you and sign letter here.
DOH - DeSoto offers a discounted/sliding fee scale; you will not be denied access to services due to inability to pay.
El Departamento de Salud de Florida-Condado de DeSoto ofrece servicios con tarifas descontadas; no se le negara el acceso a los servicios debido a su incapacidad de pagar. Por favor llame para mas informacion.