The Florida Department of Health is proud to recognize 33 communities as 2019 Healthy Community Champions. The local governments of Florida’s counties, cities and towns play an important role in improving the health of communities. In Florida, local governments have carried out a variety of policies that can empower people to increase their physical activity, improve nutrition and overall health. When policies that can improve public health are put into action, the Health in All Policies (HiAP) approach to comprehensive planning is achieved. HiAP helps local governments promote and create environments where the healthy choice can be the easier choice for families and individuals.
- 012720-is-your-county-city-or-town-a-healthy-community-champion Video Accompaniment
- 2019-ncov Video Accompaniment
- Hepatitis A Video Accompaniment
- National Radon Action Month Video Accompaniment
- Florida Surgeon General Commends Governor Desantis for Commitment to Public Health Video Accompaniment