Florida Department of Health Encourages Kids To Be a Hero and ‘Spill The Water!’ To Fight Mosquitoes
Tallahassee, Fla.—The Florida Department of Health is educating Florida’s youth on mosquito bite prevention and enlisting their help in the fight against mosquito-borne illnesses in a new campaign that encourages kids to “Spill the Water!”
With the increase in flu activity around the state, the Florida Department of Health in DeSoto County encourages all residents and visitors to fight the flu by getting a seasonal flu shot. It's the best way to protect yourself and those around you from getting sick, which results in time lost from work and school.
Flu vaccine is available at the health department. Please call 863-491-7580 for more information or to make an appointment.
No events at this time
- Child Care Food Program Provides 153 Million Nutritious Meals to Florida Children
- Joint Investigation Leads to Conviction in Jupiter
- During Children's Dental Health Month, Florida Health Highlights Success of School-Based Sealant Program
- Donna Walsh Named Health Officer for DOH-Seminole
- Florida Department of Health Recognizes 2017 Healthy Weight Community Champions
- Florida Department of Health Issues Suspension and Restriction Orders
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals