Florida Department of Health Encourages Kids To Be a Hero and ‘Spill The Water!’ To Fight Mosquitoes
Tallahassee, Fla.—The Florida Department of Health is educating Florida’s youth on mosquito bite prevention and enlisting their help in the fight against mosquito-borne illnesses in a new campaign that encourages kids to “Spill the Water!”
With the increase in flu activity around the state, the Florida Department of Health in DeSoto County encourages all residents and visitors to fight the flu by getting a seasonal flu shot. It's the best way to protect yourself and those around you from getting sick, which results in time lost from work and school.
Flu vaccine is available at the health department. Please call 863-491-7580 for more information or to make an appointment.
No events at this time
- DOH Names Director for Division of Disease Control and Health Protection
- Department Urges Caution to Avoid Reported Medical Marijuana Scams
- Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program Connects Wic Participants With No-cost Fresh, Locally Grown Florida Produce
- DCF, DOH, FDLE to Hold Workshops on Opioid Use
- Planting Pinwheels to Raise Awareness for Child Abuse Prevention Month 2017
- Florida Department of Health Encourages Education on National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals